By Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq. a New Jersey Elder Abuse Attorney

Each one of us has a responsibility to keep vulnerable elders safe from harm. The laws in most states including New Jersey require professions in the front lines — such as doctors and home health providers — to report suspected elder abuse or neglect. These professionals are called mandated reporters.

Call the police or 9-1-1 immediately if someone you know is in immediate, life-threatening danger.
If the danger is not immediate, but you suspect that abuse has occurred or is occurring, please tell someone. Relay your concerns to the local adult protective services, long-term care ombudsman, or police. For a list of reporting numbers go to this important link: Where to Report Abuse.
If you have been the victim of abuse, exploitation, or neglect, you are not alone. Many people care and can help. Please tell your doctor, a friend, or a family member you trust.

Contact me personally today to discuss your elder abuse issue.  I am easy to talk to, very approachable and can offer you practical, legal ways to handle your concerns.  You can reach me toll free at (855) 376-5291 or e-mail me at