By Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq. a New Jersey Elder Abuse and Financial Exploitation Attorney
From time to time, you may need to have adult protective services investigate an older adults living condition.   In most cases, it is typically a relative that is abusing the older person.  If you know of elder abuse occurring within your own family, you can often report the abuser and the abused elder’s situation to adult protective services.  This is a difficult decision, as you don’t want to see one of your relatives in trouble with the legal system.
Often, you have to put aside the desire to protect members of your family for the good of the older adult in your family.  You could potentially be held legally responsible if you don’t report the abuse to adult protective services.  Adult protective services will intervene and make sure that the older adult’s needs are taken care of and that the older adult is in a safe place – with another relative or in a nursing or retirement home.  NJ elder abuse attorneys can assist you when you need further action to be taken.
After contacting adult protective services, you may want to take legal action against the abuser if you feel it may be necessary.  This can help you or your family be reimbursed for any financial losses in cases of financial abuse, or other forms of fraud.

Contact me personally today to discuss your New Jersey elder abuse matter.  I am easy to talk to, very approachable and can offer you practical, legal ways to handle your concerns.  You can reach me toll free at (855) 376-5291 or e-mail me at